User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Clinton Portis for Champ Bailey - what do YOU think?

Atom React

Clinton Portis for Champ Bailey - what do YOU think?

bad move?
    good move?
    even move?

i think its bad.. their defense aint to bad, even tho their passing defense did need help and now with bailey, and more recently lynch at safety they got a better looking defense.

but portis is 1 of the best runningbacks in the league right now, only going into what.. his 3rd year or so? im a fan but i forget at the moment, its 7am before school haha.
    i also think he carried the team in quite a few games, vs. kansas city dude had 205 yards i think it was and 5 touchdowns.. thats incredible.. i mean their run defense aint all that great but thats still such a good performance, and he's had many others.

thats my opinion tho.. i mean, they do got quentin griffiths who was a rookie last year but only played in 1-2 games and did put up some real nice stats, so we'll see what he can do this year.
    broncos seem to STAY around nice runningbacks.. terrell davis, probably 1 of my favorite players and what i believe to be 1 of the best runningbacks of all time, of course i still put barry at #1.. dude was just unbelievable.

Battle Record
    21-14
    how can you say it's a bad move.. then say "they got a better looking defense."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    8-87
    Good Move for each team..Broncs secondary is suspect..and Skins running game is suspect..both teams made out..

KytoKhouang
    I am a true Broncos fan for life. If you look back at all the running backs that have produced in Mike Shanahan's offense, you would say this is a very GOOD move. After TD, we had Orlandis Gary put up great numbers as well as Mike Anderson. Portis wouldn't be who he is if those guys never went down. Now someone like Quenten Griffin is going to have a great oppurtunity to shine. Denver hasn't had a great secondary since the Atwater, Buchanan days. With Deltha O'Neal, John Lynch, and Champ Bailey anchoring the defense, the Broncos are once again tryin' to be the Super Bowl Champs they once were...

Plummer is a great QB and just needs to live up to his potential, Rod Smith and Ashley Lelie are great Wide outs, and with Tom Nalen anchoring the line, someone in the backfield just has to step up (i.e. Quentin Griffin and co.) If things click together, watch out for the Broncos, cuz they are going to be back!!

Offense will win you games, but DEFENSE will win you championships.

Desert Storm
    good move for the teams

bad move for the nfc east!

Henceman.
    Battle Record
    23-4
    I think the Broncos made out better in the deal. The Broncos can pretty much put ANY RB into their system and he'll be a great back. Ex. Terrel Davis, Mike Anderson(Before he turned into a FB), and most recently, Clinton Portis. Their D was lacking so they got Bailey which is a good acquisition plus Lynch. The Redskins on the other hand, their defense was already reeling... now they subtracted one of the best DB's in the NFL for a running back. Meh...
    I'm a fag, I'm a faggot...
    Oh I'm a faggot...
    Oh Oh...Oh I'm a faggot

Desert Storm
    denver will be very good this year....an improved offense and defense........their o line is good though and they makwe holes...maybe it also has to do witht the air in denver...

.Main Event.
    Even move they both got the same. But the skins replace Champ Bailey and they signed free agent Shawn Springs from the seahawks so he replaces bailey at corner so maybe the skins got the better deal...but broncos picked up lynch so even trade i say...~peace out~

Desert Storm
    giants got couisn from the seahawks today...woot!

Henceman.
    Battle Record
    23-4
    Quote Originally Posted by And1mix
    But the skins replace Champ Bailey and they signed free agent Shawn Springs from the seahawks so he replaces bailey at corner so maybe the skins got the better deal.
    No. Shawn Springs' career is already in decline. He's nowhere near Bailey's level.
    Oh I'm a faggot...
    Oh Oh...Oh I'm a faggot

Desert Storm
    champ bailey was always too cocky....he never shuts up.......denver will have problems just like redskins had with him

Denver will be good next year. much improved defence, good coaching as always, and plummer showed signs of being able to lead the offence throught the passing game.

They'll make the playoffs for sure.
    Studio 21

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Desert Storm
    ehh i agree.....but they'll make the playoffs but i dunno about going far....

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    8-0
    Deltha ONeal got switched to WR cuz the coachs didnt think he could handle CB anymore... the Broncos Jacked the fuck outta the redskins.... badly... clinton portis is good... but the broncos system is better... all you need pretty much is to be able to cut back and you can play RB for the broncos... so they are ok w/ or w/o Portis... where as the skins lost a shutdown corner... something a lil bit harder to find then a running back... plus they lost a pick... so the broncos knew what they were doin... and Joe Gibbs has more of a power running system more tosses and dives as a opposed to counters and shit like that... i give portis 225 car. 1100 yds 7 TD... if he stays health... and redskins will suck anyway

Desert Storm
    The redskins always spend all this money and do shit all year....yet they always suck

they are the new york yankees of football yet they dont in...GO YANKS!