User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 34

Thread: Fate

Battle Record
    30-3
    i believe our lfe is sorta like a maze, like we have our own free will... but not really, we have certain, uhm, wills, like you can either go out for the night or stay inside, but whatever happens to you by doing so is already planned out, and your paths just keep on forkin out, nahmean?

I don't believe in fate, I think it is impossible for one person's life to be mapped out for them. Life is all about choices, each person is in charge of their own destiny. Nothing is predetermined in my opinion.

Banned
    Battle Record
    19-6
    someone once told me that our fate has been decided and that if u cud look into the future and see how u are going to die then u cud try killing urself another way and it wudn't work, it's a load of bullshit if u ask me

doesnt afraid of anything
    Battle Record
    18-8
    this is what we call the chaos theory, the guy who used the example about you saving a girl who cures cancer 20 years later etc. same principle as the 'butterfly effect' - a butterfly flapping its wings in hawaii or where ever may cause a tsunami somewhere thousands of miles away just because of the small movement of particles where it was. same with fate, anything you do has a consequence. think about that

Can't teach you my swag! D. Josey's Avatar
    Battle Record
    41-9
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Fate is the same thing as a reckoned path to me. If a car doesn't want to crush you, it doesn't. If it wants to come back ten minutes later and crush you, so be it. It's your destiny. Worded.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    6-0
    iight look

1. a plane doin sum random shit n killin a boy is just wat it is... random. shit happens. if a bird flies ova u, n u r eatin a bag of chips, n da bird just so happens 2 shit in da bag just as u open it, do u think dat is fate??? no. its jus sumthin random (n funni as hell 2). low probability of it happenin, but it has a possibility of it happenin. "everything happens 4 a reason..." so u mean 2 tel me i bought chips 2 get it shitted on by a bird? u cant possibly think dat it was god's way of tellin me not 2 eat it. if everything is standard of how a life is 2 b lived and ended, then dat wud definitely crush ur idea of fate so blah.

2. nastodamus predicting shit. dont make a martyr out of him please. hav u eva heard of 'deja vu'? u hav dreams bout shit every nite or day or weneva u sleep. sum r ridiculous dreams, sum r nightmares, n sum r events dat u will recognize in da future. it jus so happens dat there r studies of ppl bein able 2 tap more into their brain's potential then others. like sum magicians use 20% of their brains while most ppl onli use 3-5%. w/ dat bein sed, its lyk humans r "somewhat" telepathic 2 da extent dat dey can realize dat dey were in a similar situation b4 in their dreams. n wen u realize dat u were in a similar place, i kno most of u tried 2 c wat happens if u do xactly wat ur dream did, but da outcome wasnt da same. so blah 2 fate again

3. love is a matter of coincidence always. if u love sumone dat does or doesnt love u bak, it doesnt guarantee dat u will or will not b w/ dem forever regardless of da scenario. i hate wen ppl say "fate brought us 2getha..." well is it fate dat ur man is cheatin on u w/ ur best friend? "it jus wasnt meant 2 b..." no, its jus a coincidental inconvenience. u jus hav 2 find da right person dat suit ur personality or personal preferences. or if u learn 2 love sumone n accept hu they r, then u r bein open minded n even tho dat person mite not b ur ideal lover, U CHOSE 2 b w/ dat person. blah once more 2 fate.

4. death. it aint no avoidin it unless u sum kind of supernatural being or immortal. if i got shot in a drive by it aint fate, its just coincidence. i mite hav bin on da wrong block @ da wrong time. i cuda died by a million otha things (esp. how i live my life), but jus b/c i died in a drive by doesnt mean i was 'meant' 2 die dat way.

crushed fate. aint no such thing 2 me in my opinion. ppl jus need sumthin 2 believe in 2 explain shit but not everything has an explanation. wen logic is defied, illogical disposition arrives. jus live ur life n worry bout the things dat u can control

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Emcee
    If an omnipotent God exists, so does fate.

however, i'm an atheist, so i don't believe in fate.

stizzy
    just cause you believe in god doesnt mean you believe in fate, god gives free will so how could he plan out our lives, i dont believe in fate

You've Earned a Custom Title! A.O.D's Avatar
    Battle Record
    2-3
    I know that we have all probably seen Final Destination the best movie ever when it truly comes to fate and death. It's always going to be a question on whether we make our decisions or if its already been decided ... Here's my ideas on that...

1st:
    Fate designs two path's neither one is wrong niether one is right... You can pick of the two... almost like the description of the fork in the road.... now for example...

Lets say a girl is raped and pregnant from these circumstances,she now has two decisions well three but lets just say two...
    A. Keep the baby, and try to raise it with as much love as possible
    B. Have an abortion, and try to move on ....
    Lets say B... not becuase its the right one but its an option
    Ok, lets look into the future and say this girl now is married and her and her husband do not want children because they are not financialy or maturly ready...
    Now if she were to have picked A does that mean she would have ever met this person? Probably not...

So end the end my conclusion whether it makes since to you or not... lol hopefully it did, you make your own decisions... the only thing is you pick which path has already been laid out for you!
    I'm not back...I'm simply bored out of my mind.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    i believe everything happens 4 a reas0n like da ppl u kn0w, the mistakes u made, and everythin in life has a meanin & a purp0se behind it. s0 yea i think 0ut destiny was already planned
    Sh0rTy

da best? n0 but better than u

You've Earned a Custom Title! Icarus's Avatar
    Battle Record
    2-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscosity
    Do you believe in fate? or that your destiny has been picked, and that you basically have no control over it? I do, and I don't. Some thing's I feel as if, were destined to happen in my life, and the lives of other's. Like last night, you probally heard about that plane slipping off track, and crushing a car, killing a 6 year old boy. Now to me, what are the chances of that happening? 1 in 10 trillion? If he would of been 10 minutes late to get into the car, had to use the bathroom, whatever, he could still be alive. I mean, some thing's like that, make me really wonder about "free-will". What do you think?
    yea...but it has to happen to someone... When the chances are 0 in a trillion and it happens thats when you should worry. If chances are something wont happen you must remember there is still a chance and it will happene eventually.

As for free will I believe indeterminism i think it is called. Its when you believe that there is a thing called fate, but it can be broken with free will. An example would be the girlfriend in Bruce Almighty that Jim Carey cant mess with. God can have a great plan for you or have something terrible just around the corner but its up to you at the end whether you want to take the path. Its like walking towards a burning house... or that metaphorical story where the person is drowning and GOd keeps sendin him ways to survive but he keeps waiting for something better. He dies and goes to heaven and is like why didnt you save me? God is like I sent you all that ish and you didnt take it you dumbass.

Battle Record
    43-12
    i think you can manipulate your own
    choose ya path
    but that would also mean i chose misary

Battle Record
    26-9
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion PC HOF PS HOF PS Season champ OM HOF Legendary PC
    I kind of due. I think God (if you believe in him or a deity) honestly knows the possablilties of you life. But what decision you will make on the events of your life create the path you walk

Wind
    everything is set up by a higher force, not god but something is out there and i don't know if its destiny or just pure dumb luck

Battle Record
    0-1
    fate = what is gnna happen in your life :P
    i reckon life is what u make of it. lol pretty simple if you ask me !

c'mon help me close ma battles :P