User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Hardware?

Hardware?

Hey guys...... I'm getting some cash here soon, and I'm looking at a few of roland's drum machine workstations, and also keyboards. The products I am looking at are an MC-808, MV-8000, and the Roland FantomX8. Money is not an issue, as I am getting 3 grand exactly, so I can get whatever I want, but I am just wondering out of those which would be the best to pretty much just make beats.... Or should I go the software path instead of hardware? Don't really know what to do, but I sure could use your help, thanks!

Battle Record
    5-3

Re: Hardware?

if you want the best quality, get a roland x6 (just saying this one cuz its the one you want)... and a nice dual mic preamp.

then you can run your keyboard through the mic pre...

or you can get a midi controller, and a fantom rack module, then run the rack module through the mic preamp.

great quality either way, alot fatter sounds than you'd be able to get with just software stuff.

you can always get software stuff free off the net if you find out were to look. Spend your money on hardware.

Re: Hardware?

I will probably go with the fantom then......are there any other keyboards out around the same price that are better? I know the Korg Triton.......but that's old news, don't really want it.