User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Emotionally spent???

Battle Record
    1-0
    Awards WOP Champion

Emotionally spent???

I've always been a pretty emotional person... Outspoken, opinionated, easy to fall in love and easy to be angry... it has always helped with my writing, the extent to what I feel my emotions.

But the last while... I suppose it would correspond with my inactivity and lack of interest in other people's pieces... I have turned myself off. And I've convinced myself it's the right thing to do, to show nothing to anyone, to not involve myself with anything or anyone, to simply shut it off at a moment's notice.

I don't know exactly what I'm expecting response-wise, but... there ya go. It's sort of an explanation, it's sort of looking for other people of my life experience to say what they think on this, I mean I've been involved with so many people relationship//friendship wise for 10 years I'm starting to think it must just be me that's the issue.

Like, I'm so weary of getting close to people, yet I want people to want to get close to me, it's a strange emotional state, stranger still that I'm aware of it. Whatever. There ya go.

A.I.

"She managed to extract from the restriction itself a further delicate thought, like good poets whom the tyranny of rhyme forces into the discovery of their finest lines."

Battle Record
    21-6

Re: Emotionally spent???

:hosea2::hosea2: Wait.... :hosea: Huh?
    [/url]

Battle Record
    12-8

Ain't nothing wrong with taking some time for yourself once in a while. To just stop talking to people for a while. I've noticed it helps me when I do.

Like..sometimes I just want to pull a Native American thing and just go out into the fucking woods and stay there until I have a vision and find myself. And find what I want for my life. Sometimes I think this way of life fucks us up. This, technologically-based world. We forget about instinct, and our natural reflexes.

And I swear, one day, I really want to just go out into the wilderness with nothing but the clothes on my back. Just to see if I can do it, and survive. See if my natural instincts are strong enough to keep me alive.

They probably won't be. And I'll probably wind up getting mauled by a badger or something, and end up in a pile of bear shit. But fuck it. At least I tried. Lulz.

Battle Record
    0-2

i dont really know you personally....
    but from what ive seen on here, your a prick....but that could just be an e-persona....
    if you truly are a good dood, then that is your problem...people take advantage of good people...and theres absolutely nothing wrong with shutting people out....the majority of people who are "friends", arent really friends....it seems everyone learns this at one point or another....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    0-2

double

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    0-2

Quote Originally Posted by RyanH View Post
    Ain't nothing wrong with taking some time for yourself once in a while. To just stop talking to people for a while. I've noticed it helps me when I do.

Like..sometimes I just want to pull a Native American thing and just go out into the fucking woods and stay there until I have a vision and find myself. And find what I want for my life. Sometimes I think this way of life fucks us up. This, technologically-based world. We forget about instinct, and our natural reflexes.

And I swear, one day, I really want to just go out into the wilderness with nothing but the clothes on my back. Just to see if I can do it, and survive. See if my natural instincts are strong enough to keep me alive.

They probably won't be. And I'll probably wind up getting mauled by a badger or something, and end up in a pile of bear shit. But fuck it. At least I tried. Lulz.
    you do know cops arent supposed to partake in LSD right??

Battle Record
    12-8

Quote Originally Posted by Toobs View Post
    you do know cops arent supposed to partake in LSD right??
    I'm not a cop..

Bye bye black bird Poeta Demonio's Avatar
    Battle Record
    18-1
    Awards OM HOF PS Champion/IE Champion PS HOF PS Season champ Legendary PC PC HOF

[QUOTE=The Spaniard;7933256]I'm convinced this only happens when you take an emotional approach with to it. Emotional people see flaws and hate or feel sad about them. They also tend to build defenses for those problems hoping to cover them up, instead of fixing them.

Logic will only examine problems and look for ways to fix them. There is no room for emotion in logical observations.[/QUOTE]

But that in itself contradicts human nature. Unless you actually have a condition such as anti-social personality disorder. So from what eng is talking about, it's both a social and inner problem that seems to have developed. But I guess it really depends on weather or not the person is just LESS emotional than they used to be (in which case it's a normal transitional stage that everyone tends to go through from time to time) or they are completely emotionally void. In which case, it's a fucking issue. lol
    AI

“ˇViva la Revolución!”

I think logic and emotions are both equally valid and important. But scientific detachment has precedence in situations that require hard logical (objective) thinking.

Well what if you've had depression all your life and STILL feel like pushing everyone away.. becoming a hermit and .. idk, stop doing things that interest you, feel like you're going to have a nervous breakdown and feel as if everytime anyone off the net gives you advice you just want to tell them to shut the fuck up and leave you alone... o.O

{specifically talking to Spaniard.. but anyone can answer}

I've thought about meditation.. something to make my happier because I've been nothing but depressed lately. I go to a depression group thing but that only works for awhile then i go back to thinking negatively and become depressed again. I've taken Lexapro after the adoption of my birth daughter had happened but that just made my depression worse.

After reading up on Wikipedia i realize i have Major Depressive Disorder... and possible Cyclothymia [The Dysthymic phase] which is basically this: Difficulty making decisions; problems concentrating; poor memory recall; guilt; self-criticism; low self-esteem; pessimism; self-destructive thinking{Minus this}; continuously feeling sad; apathy; hopelessness; helplessness; irritability; quick temper{Minus this}; lack of motivation; social withdrawal; appetite change; lack of sexual desire{Minus this}; self-neglect; fatigue or insomnia{minus the Insomnia part}

All of that plus a small case of paranoia && possible OCD{But the OCD might be a small case}. I've tried writing about it in a notebook and felt great the first.. 4 or 5 entries but i just.. lost all interest in writing all together mostly{For now} I hang out with friends and i feel like "Why am i here... i don't really KNOW these people.. why does anyone wanna hang out with me" negative negative negative...

I smoke weed{and that's rare, I'm NOT a pothead even tho Josh really wishes i was} but that just fucks up my thought process and when he asks me something I'm like "what?" and he gets pissed. I drink alcohol and that helps but only for a little awhile.. then the thoughts of negativity come back. Cigs seem to calm me down if I'm irritated [And i smoke ALOT]; I have a tendency to not know anything {and I'm being serious about this.. he'll ask me a question about.. anything in history and my mind is like mush}

I'd love to be able to be happy and not have depression but i don't know HOW to get rid of it without Pills and Psychotherapy[The group thing i go to]

This might seem like a retarded Question but what did or does Meditation do for you? [and I'm not speaking as in what it does for others, i mean as in YOU specifically.]

Battle Record
    1-1

one word: psychosomatic

he can basically start fires with his mind. happens in comic books all the time.

Battle Record
    26-9
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion PC HOF PS HOF PS Season champ OM HOF Legendary PC

I do it from time to time... sometimes life just gets to much, you need to just shut your mind off, you know?

Sall good.

Battle Record
    0-2

Quote Originally Posted by RyanH View Post
    I'm not a cop..
    the one time im bankin on you pullin out your paper badge and rubber baton....
    psshhtt..