User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 46

Thread: How are you with your money?

Battle Record
    12-8

How are you with your money?

I suck big hairy pre-pubescent ape balls at handling my money.

I have no fucking idea where the shit goes. And I don't even buy things. That's the fucked up part about it. I don't go shopping. I don't go out to the bars that often. I eat out a lot, and I'm sure that's the problem. But it's like fuck.

Money fucking sucks. It takes forever to get, and about 1 second to lose.

I always use my debit card, which is another reason I think I suck because I don't really see how much I'm actually spending. I just swipe and go. But damn. This is ridiculous. I suck dick @ managing my money.

I needz teh helpz. :hosea2:
    Last edited by Ryan; March 13th, 2011 at 05:05 AM

Battle Record
    7-1

Re: How are you with your money?

you need a budget man...

a budget is the corner stone of your life..

get on it

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Tbh. I'd say quit with ur swipin' man. That's why I don't trust myself with a bank account (besides the fact my pops over drew my shit and gave me bad credit before he died)

Other fact is. I don't trust banks. Even tho my income is covered by their insurance because it's not much (I'm pretty sure). I just think if u set ur self up to be in debt (without knowin' and overspedin' what you have) it'll happen. I've did it with cash before lol. Nevermind a card.

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Battle Record
    12-8

I know right? I figured it out once, and my income is $300 less than my bills alone. Luckily, I live with my brother and so he lowered my rent until I can get a job that will actually give me full time hours.

But shit son. Tis ridiculous.

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Mihim View Post
    you need a budget man...

a budget is the corner stone of your life..

get on it
    I'm with that. But a budget is still hard when you know you can be over charged and just go negative. That "option" to be able to do it is a muh fucka.

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Awards Haiku Season Champion

And stop using your debit card so much if you can't get a handle on how much you are spending. Use cash - and keep it at a limit. When I used to have no $$ I had an allowance. I limited myself to how much I spent by taking out cash when I deposited my paycheck. That was my allowance until the next check came. It was rough times. lol.

Once I started making good money I had to get a system down. All my bills are paid automatically, a good chunk is transferred automatically to savings and I hardly ever look at whats in there so I won't touch it. Because I don't spend all that much money, the checking acct will build up pretty quickly as well. I need to get in the habit of transferring leftover money to savings - I'm still bad at making big purchases like trips and electronics without really thinking once in a while. Other than that... I still save like I'm broke so it all works out in the end. lol.
    ArtificialIntelligence

TNL
    ps... abi punchlines are played

Battle Record
    6-0

Yea, as mentioned the debit card is terrible. A very terrible way to use your money in my opinion. You'll learn quick when you start to overdraft and shit when swiping your card as credit takes the 7 days for your money to process. By that time you already thought you had enough but didnt realize it because the statement didnt reflect this. I never swipe a card anymore.

The best way to manage money to me is to do it with cash. Using cards as I just said fucks a lot of things up. Different methods take different amounts of time. A debit could be immediate but a credit can take days. If you use your card in a different state it could take longer. Certain stores could take longer. Its too unpredictable to use and anyone with a real concern about budgeting would tell you this. Stupid little transactions of 2 dollars here, 5 there will fuck you. Eating out all the time? Money will be toast. Especially if you dont make shit.

Sit down and figure it out on a weekly, monthly, whatever basis. Decide how much you will need and set that money aside. After you did all of this you can use the remainder to save or spend at will. But forcing yourself to do this will mandate a certain amount that you can spend without repercussions.

I had to figure all of that out the hardway however. I used to just not give a fuck because I knew that next week Id have another check coming in. But when you go back for the year and figure your taxes out or something it really hits home when you realize all the money you could have had. Learn what your real needs are and live by them strictly. Thats the problem with society today. Everyone (well a good portion) lives above their means and spends money they dont have. Then they whine and complain about not knowing where their money went.

Battle Record
    12-8

Quote Originally Posted by Possible View Post
    Thats the problem with society today. Everyone (well a good portion) lives above their means and spends money they dont have. Then they whine and complain about not knowing where their money went.
    :hosea2:

Be nice, dammit!

And yeah, I think I'm going to do what you and Abi said, just pull out cash, and give myself a weekly allowance and not use my debit card.

I never overdraft, but I get what you're saying. When I was in Cali I overdrafted like 3 times in 3 weeks. Fucking gas stations were taking out like 3 times as much, and then putting the extra back in once they got their money. I was like what the fuck is this shit?

chill
    Battle Record
    41-18
    Awards 25+ Wins

lol yea don't use your card if ur like that. i like to use cash anyway

instead of eating out so much go a costco or some wholesale grocery store and stock up. u can make ur own meals and load up on snacks and in the end it's a lot cheaper then going out all the time. and if u party a lot try to freeload instead of being the one paying for shit (which is hard if ur one of the 3 homies with a job and everyone else is a bum)

the typical american lives above their means though. drives a nice car that they're not sure they'll be able to make payments on, partying, going out a lot, etc. i dont know how much u make but obviously the more u make the easier it will be to cut back.
    She said I could sleep on the couch
    By 2 am, I was diggin her out

sociopathic necrophiliac StitchiZ's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-7

i have my shit locked down, i make 1800 a month, from that i pay 700 rent, set aside 100 a week for food (i live with my gf and have a rottweiler that eats alot so 100 is realistic lol), my internet/phoneline bill 40, and my car incurance 160, set around 200 for shit like ciggarettes and beer, and money to go out with, and save around 300 every month into a savings account

[SOUNDCLICK]10412344[/SOUNDCLICK]

You've Earned a Custom Title!

eating out will hit your pocket the most, if its an everyday habit. That 5 dollar plus meal doesnt seem like much but factored in over the whole week and month its a couple hundred dollars, especially if you eat out for multiple meals in a day. If you smoke, stop. thats the easiest way to save money in the short term and long term. same with drinking, all vices do is piss away your money on a temporary feeling. at least be a shopaholic and have something to show for your brokeness

Dont just withdraw your money unless you do it only at atms in your network or you'll be paying to get your own cash. amazingly having a pile of cash in front of you makes it less likely to be spent then just seeing that same number in your account, at least for me it is. If you use debit you could always track your expenses in your checkbook and know exactly how much you have without relying on statements or worrying about charges that havent posted.

Learn to live on 50% of what you actually make, 60-70% if you have more bills and automatically put that extra money aside. it takes discipline to save and sacrifice luxuries but you'll be much better off if you can learn how to do it.

Battle Record
    42-28
    Awards Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 25+ Wins FL Champion

Spenddd Wisely!!!!!!!!!!
    D O 0 O 0 M

MUSIC VIDEO^

Battle Record
    30-12

fuck it G, you could be swept away in a tsunami at any moment.

hit the strip club and make it rain on them hoes every payday
    Brand New Smash Hit

Sleigh Bells Freestyle

Coming Soon

MondoThugs

chill
    Battle Record
    41-18
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by HawtChawk View Post
    Spenddd Wisely!!!!!!!!!!
    ^thanks for summarizing the thread
    She said I could sleep on the couch
    By 2 am, I was diggin her out

Battle Record
    26-9
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion PC HOF PS HOF PS Season champ OM HOF Legendary PC

I budget.
    However, my wife and I's money is in a flux right now so I'm trying to save a little more. However, I just had tons of bills from hospital trips and shit... So I just put out over $700 in bills... an entire months rent.