User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Seadog's Tale

Battle Record
    9-22
    Awards Biter Award

Seadog's Tale

Ah, friend of mine

A landlubber-turned-swashbuckler, I was; consumed in exuberant tales o' treasure our colony's legend breathed
    We'd boarded a shoddy vessel & watched its mahogany decks recede Napoli- ahoy, to the promising Seven Seas!
    Yes indeed, our crew was a bucket 'o cheers; jolly-laughing peasantry amidst lolligagging scallywags & buccaneers
    Groggy lads & lasses frothy-glasséd, always clashing weaponry against hearty-accent alley scabs as musketeers!

We'd accepted eachother whole as brethren akin; however- this life o' Seadogs, some souls rejected within
    Those, who dreamed dreams for gold with devilish grins; slumber's sweet siren song o' bullions beckoned its men:
    Glittering amethysts & rubies galore.. booty assured, in hoards o' sapphiren-studded goblets covering garnets!
    Yet, ho- truly aboard, was one named Beatrice; for The Great Blue mother-a-calling, she, a sealover embarketh

'Ole Beatrice accompanied me; fighting in ship platoons, & smashing drunkard skulls with heinekens in saloons!
    Our cutlasses treated Goliath-Leviathan-sizéd giants as big buffoons, tearing through tides o' pirates & picaroons
    Lying them in lagoons, us tyrants! The finest, merely salive' amidst spittoons, in our avail; entire fleets would hail!
    'Twas life- 'til our coxswain sought his monocular, & found an island fabled to hold the treasure o' Seadog's Tale

Aye- we landed, then scouted its shores

"I can't resist, Beatrice; they must be ours alone, if amethysts in this land exist," so we made a handsome slip,
    Split from our brethren.. & uncovered an enclosed cove where golden medallions surrounded an abandoned ship
    "Bedazzling waters, unveiled! Milady, have this vessel afloat!" "Aye, I'll set the sails! Haul our treasure into the boat!"-
    Then Beatrice was grabbed by an entering sailor: "Avast ye, treacherous traitor! Or I'll cut 'Ole Beatrice's throat."

So I dropped the spoils; our former mates chanted, "A couple o' wretchéd fools! Tilting legs under ye brethren's stool!"
    Shimmering clumps were collected, encumbering peasants & sutlers- molesting our plunder o' precious jewels!
    Without another discretion, our brothers had said, "Begone!" then set off thataway, weighed with lusted accolades
    As they laughed & ship flags were raised, fastening mast arrays- I realized we'd become bloodless castaway

I just wanted you to be happy, 'O Beatrice

I pledged her we'd find treasure- even if it meant for venture to Ocean's Edge, which trickled this world's ledges;
    "Our fists'll uncurl endless pendants, embedded with emerald gemstones- & you'll be crystalline-pearl necklaced!"
    But 'Ole Beatrice cried, because this talk was evil; because it caused her people to take-off like a flock o' seagulls
    My Greed (what God's cathedrals called illegal) haunt her 'til her time'd come; nigh once she caught the measles

Ah, Beatrice! I tried to comfort regardless; "A bunch o' blundering jargon! Ye be th' reason our brothers departeth!
    Yer scum-worth an' heartless.. just make sure when I die, my body's sent back to Th' Great Blue mother-a-calling!"
    Her last breath as she died left me burdened with blame; cursing in vain- I set her adrift amidst Seven Sea tide
    "To Napoli, I'll return," I cried!.. But the man returned was a cold-hearted rapscallion.. which no one recognized

Ah, friend of mine

A swashbuckler-turned-landlubber, I am; forever-torn & eversworn regret's ail.. vowed nevermore to set sail
    For there was nothing I had ever treasured more.. than what I'd lost pursuing the treasure o' Seadog's Tale

Battle Record
    9-22
    Awards Biter Award

Re: Seadog's Tale

Last edited by Echelon; April 5th, 2024 at 04:27 AM

Battle Record
    9-22
    Awards Biter Award

Re: Seadog's Tale

Done...