User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4
Showing results 46 to 56 of 56

Thread: Suicide...do you think it's selfish or justified?

Re: Suicide...do you think it's selfish or justifi

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Chris View Post
    he didnt HAVE to stop suffering. he WANTED to.
    lmao....i think any normal living creature would WANT to stop suffering haha. I disagree with your point on selfishness though, what if someone was in agony every day and night and in the hospital and wanted to pull their own plug, but a family member just couldn't let them do it for w/e reason....couldn't THAT be considered selfish by the family member to want to prolong someones suffering for their own "selfish" emotional need as opposed to someones immediate physical need?

Selfish can be a very objective term.

Your Opinion Dont Count RomesBurning's Avatar

its weak... & I know its cheesy but all that shit in the bible about rejecting gods gifts is true...

it shows weak character to me to be able to overlook all the things u can be grateful for.

And I HAVE depression.. and HAVE been on that tip before.. its not a nice feeling, but you need to take control...

I know people who have been on Prozac cuz their shit was so bad..

my opinion remains the same..

THE MASTERS & THE MASSES, One Has P O W E R ; The Other One LACKS IT

Battle Record
    4-1

Quote Originally Posted by Der Einzige View Post
    every human action is motivated by selfishness.

"My life rules because of all my amazing life choices and circumstances so I'd never kill myself" = "My life sucks because of all my horrible choices and circumstances so I'll kill myself"

selfishness is the motivating factor in both cases you ding dongs.
    word exactly what i was going to say. you people getting pissed at the dude who commits suicide because of all the loved ones he left behind is selfish in itself. how much do you really care about dude? yeah im sure you care some about dude, but what you care about more is what he is for you, YOUR losing a friend YOUR losing a family member.. but on the empathetic side of the coin HE was losing sanity, HE was losing hope, HE was losing life.

i mean we can even get into people donating to charities, seemingly one of the least selfish acts possible. but what is the motive behind that? self gratification? so you can feel good you helped needy people?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    4-1

regardless, i still do believe suicide is selfish... only by default, because every single thing we do in our daily lives has some sort of selfish value to it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    1-7

i say its selfish... definitely... i do believe you lie in eternal damnation if you do such things but thats must me... some people just get to a certain point that makes them flip the fuck out and they cant think straight... maybe they can but in their own justified logical ways but is it wrong to judge peoples actions like this? are we not all humans is it possible to change someones mind about doing something stupid? possibly... is it logical to say someone doing anything is selfish or justified? i think not... although i just did and most of us tend to... we have no clue about what its like to be somebody else i think it is selfish to try to justify someones actions from the points of views only we see, thanks

Rock you in the Face Sir Skiddz SoPhrenic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-15

Do I agree with suicide ? Not really. But if a person feels like their only way out is by killing themselves I wont judge them. As Vanja said on the first page in one of the smarter posts, its a case by case situation. You dont wake up one day and decide to jump off a bridge. Life has to be a piece of shit and it accumulates into one big shitstorm and maybe then you start contemplating it. It can only get worse or better from that point. Some people can deal with something and keep going, but every human has a limit. I can understand why people would think of killing themselves. Its not showing weak character, but to me its showing someone who has given up on everything. Anything else you want to call it after that is dependent on your view. Do I agree with it ? No. I'd never condone that type of action and someone I care about tried killing herself a few years ago and I'd may have never known. She told me what lead up to that decision, and I admit it wouldnt have been enough for me, but then again it could've accumulated from other feeling that shes dealt with her whole life. It was something that was very personal and I cant judge her, but she's learned from her mistake.
    Some people question the value of their lives until that moment they go for the kill. Maybe trying to commit suicide is a character builder in of itself. But if someone thinks about that, they hit rock bottom and hopefully they surround themselves by enough people that can hopefully convince them to not give it all up. Its a personal subject to me but its also some case by case basis man. it really is.
    Hence Forward.. BURR!
    [YOUTUBE]seYxVBIsycE[/YOUTUBE]
    Just watch My Back, I got the front.

Battle Record
    1-1

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDoWLesS View Post
    lmao....i think any normal living creature would WANT to stop suffering haha. I disagree with your point on selfishness though, what if someone was in agony every day and night and in the hospital and wanted to pull their own plug, but a family member just couldn't let them do it for w/e reason....couldn't THAT be considered selfish by the family member to want to prolong someones suffering for their own "selfish" emotional need as opposed to someones immediate physical need?

Selfish can be a very objective term.
    selfish can be subjective or objective.. im not sure why you mentioned that. very irrelevant.

and obviously that is selfish lmao. anyone with the standard definition in front of them can answer that question. selfish is more than a question of circumstance. it's also a question of morals and ethics. what's selfish to one can most definitely not be selfish to another.

hence why I said this thread is stupid. no one can be right. no one can be wrong. there is no answer to this lol. it's a "what you think" type of thing. and deals with moral compass and empathy more then anything.

Rock you in the Face Sir Skiddz SoPhrenic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-15

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Chris View Post
    selfish can be subjective or objective.. im not sure why you mentioned that. very irrelevant.

and obviously that is selfish lmao. anyone with the standard definition in front of them can answer that question. selfish is more than a question of circumstance. it's also a question of morals and ethics. what's selfish to one can most definitely not be selfish to another.

hence why I said this thread is stupid. no one can be right. no one can be wrong. there is no answer to this lol. it's a "what you think" type of thing. and deals with moral compass and empathy more then anything.
    word up. the problem is people keep putting the word "selfish" in such a negative connotation without knowing what it really means
    Hence Forward.. BURR!
    [YOUTUBE]seYxVBIsycE[/YOUTUBE]
    Just watch My Back, I got the front.

Battle Record
    1-1

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddz-Oh-Phrenic View Post
    word up. the problem is people keep putting the word "selfish" in such a negative connotation without knowing what it really means
    exactly. people forget things like connotation though. you can spin selfish any way you really choose to. it's based on personal belief of what you think is wrong in the first place. that's the first clue that it's not something that you can really pigeon-hole as being bad or good like everyone is doing. the basis of the question is saying that justified is good while selfish is bad. while both things could be both good and bad, and coexist at the same time.

the answer isn't really the problem. it's the question.

You've Earned a Custom Title!

justified, its your decision, your body. selfish for those around you that love you. but its like everything else in life its up to you what you want, say, think and do. silly buggers of a question tho.

Battle Record
    1-2

if someone wants to kill themself...let em! what are you the sucide police?!!?!?!

and...why do you know someone from the gay scene...thats suspect
    I slap hoes and punch women.