User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: The era of movie reviews by pretentious film critics is coming to an end.

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

The era of movie reviews by pretentious film critics is coming to an end.

Have any of you noticed how wrong alot of these opinionated ass movie industry afficionados have been in recent years? I can think of 3 examples where supposed big name personalities from the likes of Forbes, USA Today, The Hollywood Reporter, Screenrant, etc. came off sounding like complete idiots.

1. Season 4 of The Boys was too offensive to viewers and didn't advance the series at all. Forbes was all bleeding liberal about Hughies Tek Knight sexual assault and denounced the 4th season. I ended up watching the entire series up to current because a Forbes movie critic was uncomfortable with the way Hugie was being treated, after I seen dude meltdown I thought to myself. Yeah I have to watch this. And I wasn't disappointed.

2. Mad Max Furiousa was a flop and universally rejected as evidenced by their box office numbers. Bullshit. That movie was fucking amazing. Chris Hemsworth was brilliant. And they were proven wrong.

3. Deadpool And Wolverine would be a disappointment based on the reactions of viewers at the screening. It will be the latest MCU flop in a long string of MCU flops. Lmao. Wrong AGAIN.
    "Deadly Venoms Vol. 2" is NOW AVAILABLE in ALL online music stores. 30 beats for $15.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sites Worst Battler EyeDealIstic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-2

Re: The era of movie reviews by pretentious film critics is coming to an end.

Thomas the Tank Engine.
    What is high- My battle loss record & my blood pressure.
    What's not high- my win record or me.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

Not even worth paying attention to it.

Season 4 is on brand for The Boys. They always seem to be pushing the boundaries of what's allowed on TV with every season. I agree to an extent that it was over the top, but it wasn't without a great storyline and a few great subplots. One of the greatest shows to ever exist.

I haven't watched the Deadpool movie, but I've heard great things about it. Mainly that the critics that said it was gonna bomb couldn't have been further off the mark. However, yeah, haven't put too much stock into what movie critics have to say these days. If I want an idea of what to expect, I'll likely watch several Youtube reviews, in addition to what family/friends are saying about it.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

Battle Record
    3-1
    Awards AOTW AOTM MOTM SS HW Champion Legendary Member OM HOF SS Season Champion

The Boys is an awesome show

Furiosa was ok to me. Certainly nowhere near as bad as the critics tried to place it

Going to see DP & Wolverine in a couple weeks when the crowds settle down. I want to see it in IMAX, but not a packed IMAX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An armed man is a citizen,
    An unarmed man is a victim

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Lol. I will admit, the whole "multiple man" tossing his own salad in the sauna, that was something I thought was kind of gay, but lmao the fact the writers came up with that idea and somebody who needed to give it the okay said yeah that seems legit let's do it is freaking awesome. No fear in being offensive. I love it.
    "Deadly Venoms Vol. 2" is NOW AVAILABLE in ALL online music stores. 30 beats for $15.

Sites Worst Battler EyeDealIstic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-2

So you're watching shows where dudes get it on? This explains a few things.
    What is high- My battle loss record & my blood pressure.
    What's not high- my win record or me.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

I get dissapointed when the movie fails the image I had in my head while reading the book… I think movies should come out BEFORE the book so the author can set the scene for your imagination when reading… and also so the entire plot don’t get sould out lol
    +~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
    As much as I hallucinate and see him…
    I’m willing to take that chance